|RFx ID :||20089144|
|Tender Name :||Advance Notice - Radio Communication Network Systems|
|Reference # :|
|Open Date :||Tuesday, 4 September 2018 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Tuesday, 23 October 2018 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Tender Type :||Notice of Information (NOI)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
027 215 7654
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :||not applicable|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
Greater Wellington Regional Council (GWRC) gives notice of its intention to issue, a request for proposal (RFP) from suitably qualified providers who want to influence the improvement of GWRC’s radio communications network systems to deliver communications within remote areas in the Wellington region. GWRC's objective is to uplift the current radio coverage network service and data capability within remote areas, to enable GWRC staff to carry out their activities safely and effectively.
GWRC has conducted a proof of concept (PoC) to prove the feasibility of an extended radio coverage network to remote areas in the Wellington region, installing temporary repeaters in three key locations, Mount Climie, Mount Wainui and Orongorongo using a combination of VHF and UHF devices. The PoC commenced in October 2017 and has now been completed with successful results.
GWRC’s desired solution end state consists of:
1. a suitable radio communications network that supports the intended outcomes.
2. implementation of a radio network providing suitable radio coverage as confirmed in the PoC phase.
3. implementation and maintenance support that delivers to GWRC ICT an operating model for maintaining the Radio Network and ensures the solution remains fit for purpose through its lifecycle.
The supply and services contract will be for the design, implementation and maintenance of a future proofed solution that addresses the requirements relating to voice communications and provides capability to transport data more efficiently.
This would involve:
(a) Voice – primary outcomes
• Installation of 3 permanent repeaters in the following locations; Mount Wainui, Mount Climie, Orongorongo.
• Installation of VHF radios in all required GWRC vehicles.
• Provide mobile UHF handsets with GPS man down functionality to all required GWRC field workers stationed in remote areas.
• Installation of 3 base radios to receive incoming calls from GWRC field workers.
(b) Data – primary outcome
• Implementation of a Tier 3 DMR (Digital Mobile Radio) solution. Enabling remote data collection and management of devices in the field.
GWRC seeks a vendor with experience in both the delivery and management of such a scaled solution, that can demonstrate a good understanding of GWRC, the environment where the solution will be deployed and an appreciation of the local region.
Please do not reply to this notice. Questions can be directed to GWRC via email@example.com