|RFx ID :||19773076|
|Tender Name :||Advance Notice of General Medical Services to Corrections Prison Health Centres|
|Reference # :||18327|
|Open Date :||Friday, 1 June 2018 9:00 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Close Date :||Friday, 22 June 2018 4:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)|
|Tender Type :||Notice of Information (Advance Notice) (NOI)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
This Notice gives advance notification to the market that the Department of Corrections (the Department) will release a Request for Proposal (RFP) for the supply of General Practice services to Corrections prison health centres.
The Department is seeking the supply of general medical services to Corrections prison health centres. The Services will:
1. Provide medical assessment, care and treatment for prisoners, and participate as a clinical leader in the Corrections Health Service. The service includes medical care to infants of female prisoners up until 2 years of age in emergency situations only (care for infants who are in Mothers and Babies units is provided by general practitioners in the community).
2. Services will cover all Department managed prisons
3. Be delivered by registered medical practitioners with experience in:
• general practice
• working with Maori, Pacific and complex health consumers
• mental health and addictions.
The RFP will not include the supply of:
• General Practice services delivered outside of the prison
• All other health services (e.g. Dentistry, Physiotherapy, Secondary or Tertiary Health Care)
• General Practice services delivered to people on community sentences or orders.
• Pharmaceutical products (prescription and non prescription) and Non pharmaceutical products
• General practice services delivered by Nurses
The proposed contract term is 3 years with one right of renewal for a further two years.
The RFP will be released via the Government Electronic Tenders Service (GETS) in June 2018.
Any responses or information provided to the Department at this stage will not be considered. The Department will not, in general, enter into any communications regarding the nature of this opportunity before the publication of the RFP.
Note: Please DO NOT respond to this Notice. The Respond By \ Close date is a mandatory field in GETS and is not relevant to this NOI.