|RFx ID :||20518892|
|Tender Name :||Auckland Wide Food Scraps Processing Services|
|Reference # :|
|Open Date :||Wednesday, 5 December 2018 3:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Close Date :||Monday, 4 March 2019 12:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)|
|Tender Type :||Request for Proposals (RFP)|
|Tender Coverage :||Sole Agency [?]|
|Required Pre-qualifications :||None|
+64 21 724 253
|Alternate Physical Delivery Address :||Not applicable. Submission must be via Ariba|
|Alternate Physical Fax Number :|
This request for proposal (RFP) is issued by Auckland Council. Auckland Council invites proposals for the provision of Food Scraps Processing Services as part of meeting the objectives of the recently adopted Waste Management and Minimisation Plan (WMMP). The aim of Auckland Council in this process is to obtain sufficiently detailed information from potential suppliers regarding their services, organisation and ability to provide Food Scraps Processing Services (having regard to several factors including the quality of the services, the supplier's ability to deliver on a timely basis, and price), to enable Auckland Council to select and appoint a party to provide the services.
By the end of 2021, the service is expected to serve approximately 491,000 households in urban Auckland on a weekly basis and process around 50,000 tonnes of food scraps per annum. Over time, this is expected to increase to 75,000 tonnes per annum from households in urban Auckland.
It is Auckland Council’s expectation that any supplier would see this service as complementary to their plans for developing into this emerging food scraps recycling market. Auckland Council want suppliers that can demonstrate a sustainable business for food scraps processing or collections with or without a potential contract from Auckland Council. In awarding the contract to a supplier(s), Auckland Council intends to achieve:
• Value for the Auckland community, ratepayers and customers.
• A fair and competitive procurement process.
• All required services delivered to optimum levels of quality.
• A sustainable and significant reduction in food scraps going to landfill across Auckland which, as a minimum, is in keeping with best international practice.
• Maximise beneficial use of food scraps as a resource.
• Implementation of Auckland Council standard terms and conditions through the appropriate governance model.
• Industry standard performance measures for the provision of Food Scraps Processing Service.
This procurement is for food scrap processing only. The food scraps collection services and the provision of kerbside bins will have a separate procurement tender.